1)For those attending Birka, N95 masks will be provided to those who request one when on site. There is no official air filtration system but the HVAC systems have new, up to code, filters. HVAC filters in guest rooms will all be changed.
2) The Sauna/Pool renovations will not be completed prior to Birka and therefore will not be usable during the weekend.
3) Birka will have Gold Key! What is Gold Key? A place you can borrow garb, at no cost to you, for the day. It will be located in Webster, which is next to Gate. In addition, there are changing rooms located in Hale and Spaulding.
4)Royal Court on Saturday afternoon will be Microphone assisted. Where there is some concern regarding the removal of the medieval atmosphere, we’d like folks to be able to hear who is called into Court and what is said so that we can celebrate all.
5) The restaurant at Birka is open Friday and Saturday for breakfast (7am – 11am) and dinner (4pm – 10pm). There will be sandwiches, drinks and snacks available on Saturday outside the Expo Center and in the restaurant from 12pm – 2pm.
The hotel bar in the lobby will be open both evenings from 4pm – 11pm, and the bar outside the Ballroom will be open on Saturday from 5pm – 11pm.
6) Parking Validation is now $7 for those day tripping and $14 overnight for those with a hotel reservation. Your ticket can be validated on site.
7) General volunteers needed! Birka Cannot run without you. If you are looking for a way to pitch in, let us know! We can always use help for Marshals, MOL, Gate, and Security. We also need help with set-up on Friday and take-down on Sunday.
If you are looking to volunteer, reach out to email@example.com